Klang Valley Water Disruption
Are you affected?
Parts of Klang Valley will face water supply disruptions beginning April 24.
Enter your location below to check whether you are affected, and where can you find emergency water supplies.
Note: If you cannot find your location on the list, that means it was not listed by Syabas as among the affected areas.
Frequently asked questions
- Malaysiakini, why are you depriving me of water?
- Malaysiakini is in no way responsible for water services. The affected areas were provided by Syabas, which Malaysiakini used to build a search tool as a public service. For any queries about your water supply, kindly refer to Syabas. The complete list of affected areas is available here.
- Why is there a water disruption?
- The water disruption is to facilitate upgrading works at the Sungai Selangor Phase 2 Water Treatment Plant which requires a total shutdown.
- How much water should I store?
- Between three to four days worth of water. You should store water before April 24.
- Why is the water disruption taking so long?
- If everything goes as plan, the upgrading works will only take 14 hours. However, water take time to flow back to the affected areas due to geographical reasons. As a general rule, the farther you are or the higher up you are from the water treatment plant, the longer it takes.
- I ran out of water, help!
- Syabas will set up 10 local service centres (LSC) to facilitate emergency water needs. If your area is affected, the LSC for your location will be listed by the search tool above.
For more information, read our KiniGuide - Klang Valley water cuts: What you need to know.